Sunday, August 17, 2008

Be Your Own Best Friend


“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to work at winning. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to get up, no matter how many times I fall.” (Abraham Lincoln)

He walked the walk.

Age 22 – He failed in business.

Age 23 – He ran for the Legislature and was defeated.

Age 24 – He failed in business - again.

Age 25 – He was finally elected to the Legislature.

But then…

Age 29 – He was defeated for Speaker of the House

Age 34 – He was defeated for Congress.



Age 39 – He lost another bid for Congress.

Age 46 - He was defeated for the Senate.

Age 47 – He was defeated for Vice President.

Age 49 – He was again defeated for the senate.

But then…

Age 51 – He was elected president of the United States.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: